Precon Class: Saturday, April 23
Capture, Enhance, and Print Portraits the Gud Way
Hosted by Phaneendra “PG” Gudapati
Saturday, April 23, 2022
Do you have difficulty achieving quality images in-camera without having to correct them in Photoshop? Do you struggle to transform your captures to convey your vision in post-processing? Would you like to achieve the best quality prints of your images, whether you print on your own or from labs?
In this full-day program, PG will be sharing his award-winning portrait creation secrets. You will watch him photograph, edit and print the finished image.
Learn the complete workflow of how to capture, enhance and print portraits in this full-day program. Capture the dynamic range out of your camera, edit to retain the necessary tonal range in your print, and print on the medium that translates your vision to reality.
We Will Cover:
- Techniques to achieve efficiency and consistency in your portrait photography workflow
- Understand practical application of inverse square law
- Capture images with quality and contrast of light that will result in beautiful prints
- RAW file processing for optimum dynamic range.
- Using actions to speed up your retouching workflow
- Magazine quality skin retouching with Dodging & Burning and Frequency Separation
- Color Grading to achieve mood and feeling
- Finishing techniques to bring a dramatic feel to your image
- Determining the dynamic range of a paper
- Choosing the right paper for prints
This workshop is not just about learning the techniques but also about learning the ‘WHY’ and adaptingthe techniques to your style of images. When this program is over, you will see your work differently.