Concept To Creation – Fine Art Interactive Compositing
Richard Sturdevant and Tanya Long
Course Number: 31
Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Creating an exceptional fine art composite consists of many things, but the two that separate good from great are conception and finish. Conception and the ability to dream up a visual idea or to tell visual story that is original and unique to your vision is priceless. Equally important is the ability to bring it all together is such a way that it is beautiful and meaningful to the viewer. The finish of the art should keep the viewer engaged in the content and not the technique. Everything in between this journey is trained execution.
In this program we will share like never before on this process, known for my style, concepts and the way I finish up an image. I will share how to create concepts that reflect who you are and how to execute them and most of all finish them in such a beautiful way.
This is not just a photography workshop, but a start to finish conception to creation collaborative instruction.
We start with a concept and learn how to:
- Visualize an idea through story boarding and map out a timeline.
- Take ordinary items and turn them into elaborate costuming and props.
- Market and acquire clients for your stylized photo shoot.
- Properly light subjects for the entire scene, create the best angles and perspectives, and match elements and color harmony.
- Take the image into photoshop for a full lesson on fine art compositing and stylized finish choices and embellishments.
- Use PS Mixer brush to finish the image with an Illustrative look.
- Sell fine art prints to your retail clients and commercial clients.